2014 offensive tackle Jamarco Jones is high on Michigan’s list right now, and the interest is mutual. The 6-5, 290 pound tackle is a composite four-star prospect and is the fourth-rated player at his position. Jones would bring another great offensive lineman into the fold for Brady Hoke and the program, and I was able to catch up with him Sunday afternoon to see where he is at in the process.
- What schools have you been in contact with and who stands out right now? “Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and Notre Dame are my final four schools and the only schools I keep in touch with.”
- Is there a leader right now or are you still sort of in the process of determining that? “I’m still trying to determine that.”
- What do you like about Michigan right now? “Their academics are great. I also feel comfortable with the coaching staff and believe that they can turn me into a great lineman.”
- Have you been in contact with any of the guys from the Michigan class? “Me and Ian (Bunting) workout with the same group and Drake Harris and Mike Ferns have talked to me on twitter some.”
- Do you have a timetable for your decision? “I will be making my decision on June 27th.”
- Do you have any visits coming up before you decide where you’ll be? “Yes, I will visit those last four.”
Jamarco went on to tell me he’s not yet sure when he’ll visit Ann Arbor. We’ve heard for a while that he is an Ohio State lean, but that’s not the impression I got from talking to him. With his decision date just weeks away, I’m sure we’ll start hearing more as he takes his visits. This is definitely a guy that I can see being a force along the offensive line.